CREA is a small, lightly staffed, lean organization. Much of what we offer the community is made possible by dedicated volunteers who contribute to ongoing work or short, well-defined projects (like these wonderful Bowdoin students on Common Good Day!), depending on their preference. If you have a skill that isn’t on the list below, please contact us! There are many ways to help and we’d love to hear your ideas. Join us!
We could use your help in the following areas:
- Ecology Center – staffing Ecology Center during Sunday open house hours (12 – 2 pm) occasionally; light maintenance; exterior painting
- Administration – helping with mailings, putting up event posters, and more
- Events – assisting at walks and programs
- Trails – trail monitoring and maintenance, blazing
- Outreach/Development – building connections with local businesses
- Guiding – guiding small groups visiting the Preserve
- Data – compiling student research collected at the Preserve over multiple years
- Photography – taking photos at CREA nature walks, events, or programs
Please contact Caroline, our Executive Director (), to learn more or fill out our Volunteer Interest Form below.