DRAGONFLY NATURE CRAFT
- Watercolor/tempera paint, or markers
- 4 maple seeds
- 1 very small stick (~3″ long and very thin)
- Using your glue attach one of the maple seeds provided to the end of the slick with the seed pointing down on the ends.
- Attach the second seed directly underneath to form your wings.
- Once glue has dried start decorating! Your dragonfly can be painted to resemble the colors of a native Maine dragonfly or create your own!
- Feel free to add in additional small sticks for legs, or a tiny pebble for a head.
5 Awesome Facts About Dragonflies:
- Dragonflies have been around for 300 million years!
- The first dragonflies had a wingspan of 2.5 feet!
- A single dragonfly can eat up to 100 mosquitos a day!
- Dragonflies have a thorax, abdomen and six legs.
- Some dragonflies live for several years as aquatic larvae before they emerge and live for a few months as adults!