- 4 BINGO buddies to play with
- Earth Day Bingo Cards, 1 per person
- Earth Day Bingo call list
- Cereal Box or paper from your recycling bin
Before You Explore:
Did you know that Earth Day is April 22nd? Why do we celebrate Earth Day? What are you going to do this honor our earth this Thursday?
Connect with Earth Day:
- Head to your recycling bin and collect paper or a thin cardboard cereal or cracker box.
- Cut the box into small shapes, about 1” in size, until you have 25 “chips” per bingo card.
- Hand out a bingo card and the chips to each player.
- Decide who is going to be the caller, the caller will use the call list to say one of the items on the bingo cards.
- When the caller says the name of something on the call list, they can put a chip over item on their list, or mark it with a pen or pencil.
- If a player has the item that the caller announces they will mark that item with their chip. If they do not have the item they do not mark anything.
- If a player gets 5 squares in a row in any direction they yell “EARTH BINGO”!
- The caller will check their card to make sure all of the items that they marked were called out. If their card is correct, they are the Earth Bingo winner!
- Change cards with your friends and play again.
- Talk about why each picture or word is listed in Earth Bingo, why is this important on Earth Day?
Spread the word and have a virtual EARTH BINGO game! Call up your friends or family and provide them with this link: http://bit.ly/EarthDayBingo21 – you can be the “caller” and have them check off the bingo boxes online while they play! It’s a fun way to spread the news about the importance of protecting and preserving our earth!