- Markers, colored pencils or crayons
- Conserving Energy Light Switch Reminders
Before You Explore:
Did you know that the average microwave uses more power displaying the time in one year than it does heating your food?
What can you do to reduce the energy you use at home? What about at school?
Connect with Nature:
- A simple reminder can go a long way to reducing the energy you use.
- Collect your markers and Conserving Energy light switch reminders.
- Draw on each reminder something you love about nature and add a note to turn out the lights when you leave the room.
- Tape these reminders near your light switches to remind yourself, family and friends why it is important to turn off the lights when you leave a room.
- Make additional reminders to unplug chargers, appliances and electronics when not in use.
- Give yourself a pat on the back for helping to conserve energy in your home!
Check out the Citizen’s Guide to Reducing Energy Waste: https://arcg.is/0TPnum then download “It’s Time to Take Charge: A Citizen’s Guide to Reducing Energy Waste” and start making changes with your family today! http://bit.ly/CGREWGuide