- This event has passed.
Full Moon Snowshoe
February 16, 2022Free
Join CREA for a family friendly snowshoe this February under the glowing full moon!
Participants will be guided through gentle-sloping beginner terrain and all ages and ability levels are welcome to attend. We’ll look for animal tracks and signs of the subnivean world under the moon-lit sky, while roaming the snowy open fairways of the Highland Green Golf Course. The tour will end with an outdoor fire where groups can warm up with delicious cookies. Participants are welcome to bring their own hot cocoa or warm beverages in a thermos to enjoy.
Due to the variety of weather conditions we may see in February around the full moon, we have a date window for the event of Wednesday, February 16 – Friday, February 18. As the date nears, we will let you know which evening looks best for a full moon walk!
What to bring & wear:
- Headlamps or flashlight for each participant attending.
- Warm winter gear: gloves, hat, snow clothes, wool socks, etc. Layers are recommended.
- Personal snowshoes (or cross country skis), and poles if preferred.
- CREA Snowshoes are available on a limited basis. If you are in need of snowshoes, please note this in your registration for the event.
- Thermos of hot cocoa or a warm beverage to enjoy with our cookies after the snowshoe.
This event is provided at no cost thanks to the generous donations of our Members.
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED TO ATTEND. Please list all participants in your party, and if snowshoes are needed when registering.